Friday, February 3, 2012

the best me

Today I am making a cake, as I dump in ingredients and listen to the hum of my new mixer I find a sense of quiet and peace. I love these moments to work with my hands to create something.

 As I thought about my life and compared it to others, I began to see things a bit different, it was a glimmer of light that came into my brain. ;)

I wonder if each day I live, if I am being the "best me" I can be. I think it doesn't matter for us as Children of God what our role here on earth is. We often look around and see people doing things, wonderful things, BIG things. Things that make them famous. We see those around us making mistakes, little ones that drive us crazy, big ones the may cause them extreme unhappiness and we judge it all. Sure, tell your self you don't have an opinion as to what others are doing with their lives. If you can say that...I think you are a rare specimen. Most of us try not to, but we do it anyways.  Whats worse is that most of us are using that opinion to make our self feel better OR to justify our perceived weaknesses.  Either way it results in negative thoughts and talk.

SO BACK TO THE POINT, am I being my "best me"? I don't think it matters what religion ( or lack thereof) you are living at this moment, I don't think it matters whether you are famous or shy and introverted. I don't think it matters if you are changing poopy diapers or running for President of the United States. Are you being your best you?

Because if you want to be happy. If you want to " find the path" to where your life should go, you have to be your best you. If you want the powers that be  ( I firmly believe that those powers are a Loving Heavenly Father) to work in your life, you have to be ready! That means you have to be the most kind, hard working, loving, don't let the world get to you or get you down person you can be.

So scrub that toilet like there is no tomorrow, train that group of customers like your whole career depends on it, stick to the truths in your heart like your life is in hanging in the air and you don't know when it will drop, because you don't know. If you want to be happy, be the best you.  If you want to Let God work in your life, you have to be the "best you" that you know how to be.

DON'T GET DISTRACTED, its so easy in this world when you have a negative thought or have to deal with a drama to sit down and zone out, DON'T. I fall victim to this too often and I find myself going to bed at night with regret, thinking, I was NOT my " best me".

Understand if you go about making this change, others won't be happy for you. You see, when you are celebrating your "best you" moments, they may not have figured out yet that you are just taking charge of you own moments, your own day, your life. They will wish they could be happy washing the sticky floors and loosing those last 10 pounds. Love them, let them know your secret and most of all BE HAPPY be the "best you" you can be!

love you all.
boo

2 comments:

Carianne said...

you got it.. Tomorrow I am not Bed Rest the best that I can Be :) Love you Boo, and your thought provoking blogs!

Andra said...

You are amazing. And the fact that you worry, but most importantly understand what God expects of us is important. In your quest for better, your already doing what is required. Now just always remember the reach out part... and you have it all. I love how your are always thinking and bettering yourself. Your such a amazing daughter. I'm so blessed. Love you! MOM