Monday, July 29, 2013

My not so perfect/ perfect life.

After a nice talk as a couple last night Mike and I decided to make some positive changes in our lives. So I made sure not to do ANYTHING until my " priorities" were taken care of first. Of course, as it always seems to when you put the important things first, my day went beautifully. Read my scriptures, prepared a great Family Home Evening, Spent time with my little man, lunch with one of my favorite sassy ladies, renewed a childhood friendship,Listened to great music all day, spent time with my littlest sister, cleaned, worked, all of it before 4:00 P.M.

Yep, I was feeling amazing....and then...

The chicken at dinner wouldn't cook, why? you got me, I am a good cook- I couldn't figure it out. My GF pasta was doing strange things. The Garlic ( MAJOR ingredient in tonight's dinner) was no where to be found, so I looked for that power garlic stuff that my mom keeps by the buckets, nope, not a single, gritty little speck. Then I discover that Joey took my 7.00 Pint size DF ice cream out of the freezer at some point today. My entire FHE lesson was based on an object lesson using ice cream, and it was dessert...and it was EXPENSIVE and now pretty much ruined! My daughter had a small meltdown over friend problems and the boys decided to have an all our running, yelling like baboons, shooting nerf guns war. 

As the headache started to set in I thought, My life is JUUUUUSSSSTT perfect.

A Quick prayer was said as I anxiously watched my chicken. I knew I don't deserve any super star treatment from The Lord, but I was worried about the negative thought train I was about to embark on.... so I asked for help.

and then......

My noodles worked out somehow. I think I had an o.k talk with Olivia. I remembered that this one seasoning mixture I use had a main ingredient of garlic powder and if I used it, It MIGHT work out. My brother took pity on me and helped calm the boys down. Olivia made a magical suggestion to use the lump of ice cream in the middle of the pint that was still frozen for my lesson, put the rest in the freezer and then make milkshakes for dessert. The chicken finally cooked, and we sat down for a nice dinner as a family.

At dinner I found my self looking at my children and realizing everything somehow worked out and then I thanked The Lord for my not so perfect/ perfect life.

No comments: