Monday, November 18, 2013

I would be awesome at being famous

So, The last two weeks there has been a fun game flying around FB where you get a # and have to tell that same # of interesting things about yourself... I have not participated. Why am I hesitating? Two reasons 1- ( and the biggest reason of the two) I have no idea what I would even have to share, lets face it, I put it all out there for your enjoyment most days anyway. 2- I somewhat hate participating in current trends, I am a brat like that. That being said, this fun FB activity has led me to a few moments of thoughtful introspective looking and some very important realizations- ( can't help myself with the sarcasm)and I realized, I would be a dang good famous person! I also happen to be a 30 year old girl who thinks she is still going to be famous for some day. What can I say? You get told something as a child over and over ( or maybe I told it to myself????) and it sticks with you even when life shows you other paths....so anyway, Here is the list of why I would rock the whole fame thing:

1. I am a klutz, Therefore the likes of People Magazine, In Touch and TMZ would have hours and hours of fun stories as they catch me on film tripping in the parking lot, dropping my groceries randomly, dribbling food down my shirt and watching me cut into a steak at a fancy restaurant only to send it flying across the table ( has happened TWICE in my life) I could make the pages every month, easily.

2. I am fairly introverted. I don't like to talk about my family with people I don't know. This is a benefit because I won't be saying things about my family without carefully thinking them through, no tabloid stories for Mike and the kids. They would not have to suffer as much for the price of fame.

3. I am extroverted as well!! It seems like a contradiction, but there are two groups of people I am great with- friends and family who I know love me despite my flaws........ and inconsequential total strangers. AKA, fans OR in real life (my case): the random Walmart worker, people at an expo or conference, those who I tie tinsel for at craft fairs or Scentsy parties who end up loving or hating me. I can get them laughing or crying depending on how I lead the conversation. Fans would love me because in the end it would be all about THEM, its easier to talk about them then me. ;)

4. This sounds conceded, but I don't think that it really is....I like to have pictures taken of me. Its the little-girl princess in me manifested in my adulthood life. I like to dress up, find a fun new location, think about colors and lighting, goof off and pretend to be serious. I think its fun. I don't always love LOOKING at the pictures, but I enjoy a good photo shoot.

5. I think long term. When I make a decision, its long term ( unless it involves sparkle or glitter- then it might be a spare of the moment decision because I can't help myself). So I think this could pay off as a star, from the way I dress to the way I style my hair and makeup. Part of my refusal to do anything trendy comes with this habit. I like to be me and not go with the crowd ( star quality?? I think so! LOL) but I really enjoy trying my best to be " timeless" in all I do. I don't want to make any decision just because every one else is. In fact I told my daughter last week if every one else is doing it- you probably shouldn't - Society as a whole usually gets it wrong the majority of time.

6. I have moved a bazillion times. ( this is good and bad for my career) So I happen to know LOTS of people from all over the country and all walks of life. I have shared in the memories, trial and victories. I have an interesting view on life and can almost " one up" any story you tell me because " I know some one who...." with almost anything you tell me- I try hard not to be like that, but seriously its hard when you know so many awesome and interesting people! This would make my interviews always interesting because my perspective on life has been altered by every individual I have met. Usually some one has to become a star to be exposed to all these things, I already have that down. ;) AND yet the negative comes with the fact that after a bazillion moves there are bound to be " skeletons" in my closet that I forgot and people who didn't like me in each location... I am pretty sure TMZ would like that too....

7. I am good with social media. I have only dabbled a bit in it compared to most but have found GREAT success at it ( much to my husbands frustration). He doesn't get how I can have people following me and retweeting me so consistently. I think its because my internet self is more sassy and funny then my real life self, but I also think my internet self is just a lot of the thoughts I wouldn't say out loud because I am a proper lady and believe all girls should try harder then we currently do to be more proper.

8. My religion makes me interesting! I am MORMON which in every reality show, magazine and newspaper seem to be the magical word that makes you automatically interesting. Not only am I Mormon but I actually believe and LIVE my religion, so I got one up on every other so called Mormon star out there ( except Gladys Knight- she is awesome- maybe if I am famous we can be friends and Brooke White too, we are besties in the making...)

9. I like to do things just to see how people will react. Put me in a costume and I will skip around the store like an idiot ( once I wore a pioneer costume to walmart and actually did this much to my friends embarrassment, another time I wore sunglasses INSIDE the fruit market just because the " cool kids do" and I wanted to try it out.) I have no shame when it comes to being goofy- at least when I am in a costume.

So now that you see my star quality- or at the very least you have indulged me as I bragged about my worthless star qualities- I have 1 major problem. I have no real talent to show, I am a girl of may talents and master of absolutely none.... so here I sit, proud wife and mother of three, Celiac advocate, Mormon girl at my computer trying to figure out if a part of me will ever really believe that fame is not " just around the corner" until then, I will keep on tripping all over myself, tweeting about the unimportant, working to be a lady and act goofy when the moment seems right. ;)


No comments: