Tuesday, May 27, 2008


So today has been a bit of a bummer for me. I have been Sick, Sick, Sick! So sick I don't know why right now is the time to write this. BUT I was thinking over the week end of what I could share about my sweet Olivia. She is different from my Jack. She is more reserved and quite shy- but very stubborn! She is fiercely independent! In the morning she gets up cleans her room as a "surprise" for me each day, gets dressed, wakes up her brother and then into my room she heads so I can get the cartoons moving and breakfast served. If she knew how to work the remote and could reach the cereal, I have no doubt she would not bother with getting her mom out of bed. She is extremely intelligent, she thinks things over and will come to me with questions I have to think carefully about answering. she is smart enough to know when I am giving her a not thought out answer too! Sometimes she will come to me days after a discussion with lists of more questions, but this time she wants deeper answers then before.
The goofy one in the family is Jack and so there are naturally hours of stories surrounding his daily life. But as I have been so sick and been forced to make our front room couch my friend, Olivia has been the care taker. If she knows I am not doing well, she gets me a blanket and a "throw up bowel", tissues and tells me to lay down. She pushes her brother into the other room with a " come on mom needs to sleep, lets play in our room"
. Day after day this last few weeks I have found my self appreciating my little "angel" Olivia and the constant work she does to keep mommy going. I think the Lord must have known I would need her because her love and kindness show me this each day. I love that little ya ya!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how sweet! I hope you are feeling better soon.

The doc I saw on friday (not my regular) said I needed to be off my medicine, there was no way I was still sick. So I went off for one day and puked my guts out. Needless to say I went and refilled my perscription yesterday... what does he know! :)

Carianne said...

Brigette!. I have been trying to call you. Why don't you answer! i will try tommorow again. Hope you feel better!