Wednesday, May 6, 2009

why are kids so mean?

Today there was a little girl giving out gum balls to her classmates at recess. she only had a few left and she looked at the girl next to her and said " you can have one if you won't share with Olivia."
As you can imagine, I felt...upset. I wasn't sure if I should do anything, because Olivia ( fortunately) did not hear the girl say it. BUT it really made me mad... all day it has bugged me. why would she target my little shy sweetie, who already struggles to make friends?
That's it. that's all I have to say. I just was mad.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't imagine anyone not liking Olivia. That's so horrible. Unfortunately yours is a question that I have been trying to answer since I was in elementary school. I'm not sure I will ever know. Olivia will be great because she has a great mom who can help her have the right perspective.
P.S. I hear you can buy Sunbutter at Trader Joe's or target in CA.
We miss you too.

Unknown said...

Makes you just want to take them by the shoulders and shout, "What's wrong with you?" doesn't it? Then, eventually it's your kid that you find out did something mean and you're glad you didn't act on the impulses that you've had in the past. I know it's hard. Just keep home a safe haven for yaya. She'll get through it. Poor sweetie!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

it's so hard not to step in. we had a girl like that in emma's kindergarden class too. ironically, her name was olivia...

Britt said...

Now I'm mad too. Stupid girl.