Friday, March 26, 2010

Can I tell you a secret?

I have been doing a lot of thinking about this the last few days. I have been running around for several months now doing these HUGE projects and praying along the way they would somehow turn out o.k. Well here I am at the end of this current wave of crazy and everything worked out! It even more then worked out, its gone amazingly well.
So with all these amazing feats unfolding I have had many compliments as to the jobs preformed, but heres the thing..it wasn't me.
For every job I have completed there have been amazing individuals along the way who have been there helping and for every idea that comes from me, a prayer was uttered asking for help. I just really believe, wait I KNOW that while I am blessed to be able to do so many cool things, in the end, its not me- never has been. I can't paint worth anything, My cooking skills have always been lacking in the past, while I love to decorate, Things always had some random weird ness to them in the end, but these last few years all the sudden most of that has gone away. I guess what I am getting at is this:
I will share with you the way to do anything you want....
Be fearless, because you can't do anything of value be being scared all the time and worrying about the turn out, but most importantly, turn it over the the Man in charge Tell him your weaknesses, ask for the strength to do what you can not normally do, trust that while you are engaged in a good cause he will be there to help. I know that this is why these amazing things have come about, its not anything I have actually done differently, its all a manifestation of The Lord working in my life, so that others can benefit, because for each thing I have done well, it was for other people around me.
So thats it, its the secret, you want to do anything? go For it! make sure all your doings are for others and not for the benefit of yourself, and pray like crazy. Its been pretty amazing to feel the Lord working in my life in such a huge way, things I never thought I could do I am doing. pretty amazing!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Exactly. I know the things that people usually compliment me on are the things I haven't done on my own. When you need the help it is always there!

Hugs from mom said...

Thanks. I really needed to hear that today!

Britt said...

You ARE pretty amazing. Thanks for the lift.

tressie17 said...

Brigette! I have been having a stressful weekend and reading your blog helped me to realize what was lacking in my life. Thank you for sharing!!