Tuesday, March 30, 2010

melt downs make me a great mother.

MELT DOWNS MAKE ME A GREAT MOTHER!! Yep its true, thats what I decided after having a minor melt down today. you see, I woke up to a house full of things like these:








now maybe you think this is horrific or maybe you think these are no big deal, let me be totally honest with you, this only a taste of what the rest looks like....these shots were crafted to only give you a TASTE. lol. you must understand that I have been up with a sick baby to many night now to...

so after what has been a very long week, month, few months, I finally hit a breaking point and had a melt down. I am thankful for Sister Love who reminded me where to turn to get extra help and reassured me she would " pray for me"- if that tells you anything about how I was doing. BUT after it was all said and done I realized that this melt down actually said something good about me! ( always looking for the silver lining!)
I am busy, so busy because I love my children, my husband, my heavenly Father and my friends, and when you love all those people so much it means you want to do things FOR them and WITH them, which makes you BUSY! At some point you might even get overwhelmed and even- just maybe- have a melt down. But as long as all those people understand that everything I do is for them, then its o.k.
I cried, I am exhausted and now I am ready to have a good nights sleep and get up tomorrow and fight the good fight. I know I am not alone in having these moments, so just remember...an occasional Meltdown probably means a you are a pretty decent person working your best each day to do a little more then you are capable of, all for the people you love. so MELT DOWN ladies and then smile, pray and move on. tomorrow is a new day to learn how to "say no, and manage your time," but if not, oh well. love you!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That makes me feel so much better. Thanks Boo!

Tiffany A. said...

Oh yes, I've had a few meltdowns in my life. Thanks for putting a new perspective on them for me. And thanks for helping me to know I'm not alone in these meltdowns :)

I think your great!!

Lisa said...

I think you snuck into MY house and took those pictures!! I equate my house to a toy box that has thrown up! ARGH!!