Thursday, December 13, 2012

Big changes...

 So not to long ago I happened across an article about Multi-generation living. You can read it in that link, but the basic facts are that more and more families are going back to multi-generation living. ( I think it says 25% more in the U.S) It benefits both generations and in an economy like we currently have it can at times be the only way to get ahead.

So after a random conversation with my husband about it...and then him talking ( I didn't know he even had this conversation at first) to my parents. We realized this was something that could work and be good for our families. Honestly approaching it all much as they do in this article.

We gave notice on our house, we are moving January 12th. Its a pretty big step, but what this gives the Hellers- because its not my place to speak for the other half of the house- is peace, hope and a chance to make a BIG change in our life for the better financially.

Of all my mothers 7 children, if you told her I would be the one to approach her with this idea....well she nor I would have believed it.

But there you have it. The kids are not switching schools, but unfortunately for us because there are so many people we love where we are at, we do have to switch wards.

Anyway. If you get the chance read the article, its interesting. There is strength in numbers and the Hellers are ready to approach a better future by working with family instead of alone. Its teaspoons of progress on our own and buckets of progress when we work with our family....


4 comments:

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

oh I am so disappointed for me!! We'll miss you guys at church. we can still hang out though right?

Shannon said...

Wow that is huge! I too can't believe you are the one to suggest this. I know it will be a good step for both of your families. So are you guys moving to a new house or are you going to move to your parents current home?

Heather said...

good luck!

Areeba Khan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.