Sunday, December 30, 2012

last day... =(

Today was our last day in the CrossRoads Park ward. =( We have made so many good friends and learned so much from those who attend this ward that its hard to say good bye. Really Hard. After the release from our callings in sacrament, I looked over to see my little Jack working hard to keep his emotions in check. With a hug from me, he broke down, when I asked why he was crying he simply said " I don't want to go". I am always amazed at what my children pick up on in life and how dramatically the things I do impact them.

Church ended with in the classic Heller way. Instead of tears and farewells it was me chasing yaya down the hall because " Joey is causing trouble" only to find my two boys in a full out wrestling war in the foyer of the church while the two wards tried to transition in classes! In the car when questioning the boys why they thought this was appropriate to wrestle in church,  joey calmly blamed it on his " tinny bear" at home.

 Of course Mike and I can't just leave that alone! So Mike starts asking questions about Tinny bear and why Joey thinks he should protect him so ferociously even in church. This conversation lead to Joey PROUDLY proclaiming " HE'S MY SON!" ...after a long pause of silence in the car as we all worked hard to keep our laughter quiet, the questioning of what that meant continued. It was cute....

I can hear mike wrestling in our room right now and telling joey " you have to keep your son safe" as joey fights to get him back from a teasing dad.

Going to church and leaving good friends was hard. BUT, I felt blessed to be reminded on the way home that no matter where I go or how many darn times I have to move, I am blessed. I am surrounded by people who love me and get to go with me. I am Blessed to be alive and blessed to have this awesome forever family. Maybe we are uprooting yet again in pursuit of a more stable life, but at least we are all on this adventure now and forever together. Me, Mike, yaya, Jack, Joey and my new grandson...Tinny Bear...



No comments: