Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a hot dog...



I have been posting about Jack a lot, but that's o.k since he is the middle child and often gets missed in all the craziness. I just found these two pictures- several months ago we found this suit for 20.00 at Marshalls, it could not be cuter if we had spent 100.00. He is SO handsome in it. It forces me to realize that some day all too soon my sweet little Jack will be big and gone. I usually try to forget that fact.
The hot dog picture I took on an interesting day. I was having a "bad" day; nothing huge had happened, it just was " one of those days", you know the kind I am talking about..right? Every one has them.
While we were grocery shopping, Jackson found some gluten free/dairy free hot dog buns. He begged and begged for them until I gave in. When we got home I was tired and grouchy, but he begged me for hot dogs. I finally did make him his hot dog ( it took a whole forty seconds) and then The Lord helped me open my eyes to Jacks daily lifeh a little bit.
Jackson was SO excited about the fact that he ACTUALLY got to eat a hot dog IN A BUN!! To you an me this seems so small, but to a little boy who just wants to be "normal" the moment he got to have a bun with his hot dog was huge. It really made me stop and think. Maybe my day wasn't so bad after all, I mean I never had to go with out anything, or dream of eating a hot dogin a bun like every other child. Needless to say with a heart that felt a little more humble, the night was a good one, I am thankful for the challenge I have in feeding my family a little different, it forces me to grow and improve the cooking skills that God is blessing me with. Now off to figure out what on earth we are going to eat this week! wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Carianne said...

Aww that hot dog picture makes me smile, and think about hte thing's I take for granted as well. and that suit is oh so cute... his pictures were put int he mail today by the way :)