Monday, February 8, 2010

lucky charms..

Joseph likes to eat..I mean he REALLY likes to eat. Each Sunday we take snacks and a sippy cup for him. I never liked to do that with my other children, but with him, it seems like there is no other option for getting through church. Yesterday, his dad packed his snack..so he hit the jack pot with lucky charms and extra marshmallows! While I was anything but thrilled to be feeding him straight sugar, I realized really quick that this was a good thing for joey.

Normally, when he eats he tries to use utensils; he lacks the skills of course but he tries really hard for the first half. after a while he decided the effort is not worth it. throws the spoon and fork to the ground and double fists his food into his mouth..seriously, its amazing to all who have witnessed it. Since he has chosen this path to eating, his fine motor skils are....dare I say lacking? yes I dare.

BUT in a sudden twist of fate, he was fed Lucky charms yesterday. So he spent his three hours of church carefully digging through the bag of cereal with his two little fingers, insuring that he only had to eat the marshmallows. After a while this became pretty sticky, no fear, when the actual cereal got stuck to his hands he would just wave them as hard as he could until it all shook off, and reach his hand back into the bag. It was very funny and sweet. I was impressed with the amount of fine motor skill he actually had....thanks mike for being a great dad!

No comments: