Wednesday, August 4, 2010

the not so still pool

Mike and I started P90X this week, OH MAN, I cant hardly move! So yesterday while I tried to cool down, I stepped out into our back yard and sat to enjoy the very calming still pool. It is such a pretty shade of blue and seemingly so still, which was refreshing since most of the time when I am out there I am playing with the kids and trying to keep Joey safe ( hes crazy).
as I watched the still water it occurred to me that it was never really still. In the big pool I could see the tiniest things such as a baby fly or seed of a plant sent small ripples across ed the entire body of water. since there are ALWAYS small things entering the water, its ALWAYS moving.

I thought about my stress level. I often think, If I could remove the stress from my life it would be like a calm pool, wouldn't that be relaxing? Except on this morning I realized it would not be possible for me to really enjoy the pool with out dipping into its refreshing waters. But if I let myself into the water then it creates bigger waves...the calmness of the still pool disappears, so if I am enjoying life, its probably going to come with some stress...maybe from trying to get all the things I need to get done, DONE..... and still enjoying the day, or maybe from wanting to go places and then working to afford it...either way stress comes with life....

In the end pools are not meant to be swam in alone..not if you want to have fun!! except I realized that If I have others join me in my pool,9 heck even my husband and kids...which obviously I chose that route in life =)) well, that creates huge waves and splashes...so it is with our life, the more people you let into your pool the more stress....

so the even though I understand better how stress works in my life -because of my pool, I also am learning how to manage, my waves and splashes and ripples and even enjoy them, because if the pool is like my life, then I better jump in and enjoy it!

By the way obviously I love analogy's this is just how my brain works, so for those of you who take the time to read this, Just know I really love you!!

1 comment:

Carianne said...

I loved this! I can't wait for you to write a book :)