Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New years resolutions....

Every year I think and think and think about life and what my new years resolutions should be....and I come up blank. Not that I don't have goals or places I want to be, its the opposite. There are SO MANY possibilities and they are all swimming around my head! So pinning a few down and writing them out seems to hard! But I think I have it...so maybe if I write it here I won't for get it.

1- To find my voice again. Growing up, nothing gave me more joy then music. I sang everywhere and loved it. it was an important part of my self esteem and my sense of who I was. I don't know how it happened ( well I actually do but thats a long story) BUT, along the way I lost my voice. I lost my skills and I lost a part of me. This year I am going to find that again, by taking voice lessons.

2- No sugar/low sugar diet. I know I have a problem eating healthy. I love good food...but I love sugar more. Once I went Gluten Free, I began filling the gluten void with sugar. Mike and I are starting out the new year ( after we move) sugar free completely and then I will move to a low sugar diet.

3- Exercise  the Lord has blessed me with a good body, but lets face it, if you don't take care of it, it gets worn out. I want to run and play with my kids with out needing a nap afterwards. I want to run around my house and clean it in an hour with out sweating so bad I need a shower. Time to exercise.

4- My spiritual goal is to read the entire standard works with a specific goal in mind. I want to look for the patterns and examples of emotional and thoughts. I want to see what I can learn about how we communicate with the Lord and how that power is accessed. I have started this type of reading just a month ago and I am amazed at how our thought patterns effect the way the Lord can work in our lives. IN the end, this is maybe perhaps an obvious thing. But for me, I am finding that I am learning SO MUCH already about how we think and how we access the power of the Lord with a confidence and security in his will. Along with the confidence that we are ACTUALLY doing his will and not just guessing about it as we go.

5- Live like I am a South American...I know you are re-reading that last goal right now....lol....but I have noticed and discussed at length with mike about the Latino culture. They are so different then us North Americans...they are HAPPY...even despite some horrible circumstances in living conditions for a lot of them. Mike says its because when you live with less, the worldly side  of you is removed in a greater measure. I know there are some of you that might not agree with this line of thinking, but the basic thought is to be thankful for everything and live with less. Because this life is a blessing, it is the reward for good choices in the life previous to this one. So why not enjoy it and why do I need so much stuff anyway?? ( I will be posting more on this line of thinking later, my mind has just recently been exploring it and I am so excited about this para-dime shift in thinking for me!!) So I am going to dance a little more, laugh a little more and smile about life A LOT more and stop buying junk I don't need.....

There you go. pretty simple. Not too many things. Trust me there are others I know we will be working on. Mike and I are moving in order to become financially free. This is a HUGE move for us and will present its own blessings and challenges. I will still be working, so there are work goals too. But, the 5 above are the ones I want to change or focus on...

No comments: