Monday, June 16, 2008

Funny Jack

So Two Quick Stories about Jackson.......

1. The Name!

I recently learned that Jackson Could spell his name! We are very proud of his quick mind and Think he has a lot of potential in the academic world- IF we can just get him to Focus on one thing for more then a second at a time. He just turned three in march and can already name all his letters and the sounds that go with them. But I didn't realize he had learned how to spell his name. As you can imagine I was very proud and excited for him, but there is one small problem; he can't EVER remember the "A" when spelling it, so this throws off the whole thing. So, on Saturday I was telling a friend about all this thinking it was cute and then I realized I was the one who had caused the problem! when we moved, I hung up all his big red letters, which spell his name, on the wall directly across from his bed. I figured out that he must be staring at them as he falls asleep, over time he learned how to spell his own name; which is sweet, except some how in the move I lost "A". So on the wall is J_CKSON. hmm... I guess its time to replace the letters huh?


2. Big "Elbows"

So last Saturday Jacks and Ya Ya got the traditional day before Sunday scrub down. After the bath I always trim nails, get them lathered up in thick lotion and they get on their p.js. while I was putting lotion on Jack, he asked me about his elbows. One problem though- he was pointing to the nipples one his chest! I showed him where his elbows really were but this was not enough to stop the questions! he asked more about his "nipples" using the new word he learned ( I didn't know what to call them) he wanted to know if they were going to get big some day. I told him only girls get big, He was then curious if his sisters would get big. So as every one can imagine it was a fun conversation. eventually we moved on to other body parts like eyes and knees and things like that and I went to bed proudly feeling like I had properly handled the situation and that my son knew now where his elbows really were. then this morning while we were cleaning the kids room, we stopped to sit down and talk and take a break ( yes, it was SO bad we took a break) at which point Jackson looked at me and directly at my shirt and said " Mom, you have REALLY big elbows!" Looks like we have some more talking to do! =)

3 comments:

Carianne said...

Oh my gosh.. laughing out loud brigette!.. he is such a character.

Heather said...

That is funny!

tressie17 said...

Cute Stories Brigette!!