Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kid lessons

Just on a personal note. I like to us the words " we, us, our" when i write my thoughts, this is just a way for me to write more generally and I do not think that any one necessarily has the same issues in life that I do. Maybe it just makes me feel better to think we all do! =)

So this week we have been sick! Mike is sick, Olivia and Jackson are both sick, so that leaves this awesome feeling pregnant women to care for them. Which is fine actually, I have enjoyed being the care taker of my sick family. we are all sick together! but all this down time made me think about how stubborn my kids are. Olivia would not let me take her temperature! She knew if she had a fever then she would have to take medicine and she did NOT want to do that. Instead she kicked and yelled at me and then hid in the closet where hopefully I would not find her. The problem is that she DID have a fever and needed medicine, so she could get better! But she did not want mommys help she was more then capable, in her mind, of taking care of her self.

Then this morning Jackson came in to the kitchen crying because his belt did not work. well it did, he just didn't know how to make it work. When I offered to help him, he yelled "NO!" and started crying because he was frustrated. HE wanted to do it him self!

Notice the word self at the end of both paragraphs. I realized this is like our relationship with our Heavenly Father. He wants to help us. Most of the the time ( in my case all the time) we can not do it by our selves. Instead of figuring that out and letting him help us, we yell "NO" and then get frustrated or hide until we figure out how to do it. Which we won't, because life is a task not meant to be done alone; Our knowledge is too little to know how to take care of our selves or fix every problem. SO maybe next time I am frustrated and feel like yelling. I should remember there is some one who wants to help. I just have to not be so STUBBORN!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Brigette! Love you. Sorry your all sick. The boys do the same to me when they have to take temperatures/medicine and put on almost any article of clothing. Your not the only one.
Good luck!
Feel Better!

Tiffany A. said...

I love your blog! your posts are great! your sotries about your kids make me laugh. and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with remembering who I really am from time to time.

We really need to get together sometime!!

Carianne said...

Brigette.. don't worry the internet mis-haps happen to the best of us... and isn't it funny that even when you are alone and it happens, you feel embarassed as if a hundred people were standing behind you and saw it?! ahhhh it is a terrifying moment!