Thursday, June 26, 2008

This week

Well this week has been crazy and good. Mike is off at scout camp for the whole week! I dropped him off Monday morning at 5.30 A.M. It was hard letting him go because he wasn't supposed to have cell service and a week is a long time to not even TALK to my best friend. BUT, Monday night he called..yeah it works up there but not in our own house, who knew?
Some how I was able to talk my Dad into sending my MOM up my way for most of the week. We have had a great time. Mom managed to get 5, yes count them 1,2,3,4,5 trips to Brock's ice cream while she stayed for three days=) we shopped yesterday and went to a movie. on Monday I felt sick so mom being amazing cleaned up Jacksons mess. He managed to not just wet his pants but spray every thing in his whole room, in front of the other kids. The fact that he did this was confusing as it was(he usually does not do things like that)to make the situation more fun, after the mess was cleaned and he had fresh pants on, it was reported that he now pooped in his room and was again a big mess!! I did not even know what to do with that! So I was wondering if after her first day she would think about leaving early, but she didn't. we tried our best to find fresh berries, but to no avail! but there was lots of laughing, crying and it was just nice to have her here. Of course on Wednesday night the trip was finished off with endless chocolate dipped strawberries, Jack would not leave the table until he was sure he had eaten all he could! This morning they got up early and left, taking my sweet Ya Ya with them for the week. I miss her so much already. I am wondering what a full week with out her will be like. It just feels weird, but I am glad she gets to spend this time with grandma and enjoying the southern California sun! I am so grateful for My mom and all she has given me over the years and as I grow I realize all that she sacrificed for me and still continues to give even as I have my own family and begin the lessons of motherhood on my own.

7 comments:

Sarah Eagar said...

I hope you survive your week! Chris and I have only been apart from eachother probably 10 nights out of our almost 9 years of marriage. I don't think I could handle a whole week!! How fun that your mom could take Olivia... is Jackson lost without her? Have a great one!

Heather said...

Wow, your mom always was a Brock's fan. Glad you guys got to spend some time together.

I hope Jacksons bathroom/bedroom extravaganzas are over.

tressie17 said...

Brigette!!!
Thank you so much for reading my "eternal cupcakes" blog!! I am still getting used to this. The other day I tried to post some pictures in my next blog but somehow it didn't work. I am still trying to figure it out!! I love reading your blogs!!! They are wonderful!! We have got to get Jennifer to start one of these!! She would be good at this if she had the time. She is in the process of starting a cleaning business! Her and I had a really great discussion on cleaning charts and such. Well, that is all I have for now but I will see you on Sunday? Yeah??

Andra said...

I think I had enough icecream to last the summer and as I passed baskin robbins today there was no temptation there. I loved being with you, boo, always do, and am so amazed at what a wonderful home you have created for your family. Your baby is so lucky to get you! Love, Mom

Kim Tafua said...

So...I finally checked out your blog and it's absolutely nothing like my dream, to my great relief! It's very normal which suddenly makes me realize your not as close to translation as I had previously thought! (lol) It's very cute and the pee stories are a real kick!
p.s.- Why didn't I know about these Brock's runs?

Jill said...

So great to see your family. Other than sickness and adventures of being a mother, it sound like you are all doing well!

Carianne said...

brigette! sounds like the week was eventful, i did not get these stories back from mom so it must have not been too bad... love ya and can't wait to see ya next weekk.. we are bringing your ya-ya back!