Thursday, July 24, 2008

OLIVIA!

So a couple of Months ago Olivia became curious about how a person goes about getting married. we talked about all the qualities she would want to look for and then I told her about going on dates and how she had plenty of time, so not to worry just yet...in fact, not until she was 16.

In her preschool and primary class there is really only one boy who may in the future fit her requirements and who she gets along with. Unfortunately, he seems to be spoken for by another sweet girl younger then olivia, when this was brought to Olivias attention we had a conversation that went like this:

"mom......so Katharine is going to marry Joel, right?"
"well, SHE says she is, but a lot can change before they are old enough to marry each other, maybe they won't like each other..who knows. why, do YOU like him?"
(there was a long embarrassed pause)
"olivia?????"
"WELL ITS NOT LIKE THERE ARE A LOT OF OPTIONS HERE!"

So, that was cute and fun, then yesterday as we were driving to get new kindergarten clothes, the questions started again. we talked about dating and how you find a guy you like and you go to dinner or a movie or to do a fun thing and if you like the guy you go again and if hes not just perfect then you move on. so here was what she told me:

" well mom I don't think I am going to marry Joel"
"why not?"
"because I saw him being mean to his brother and thats making bad choices, so that puts an X on him"
"well honey I think you have lots of time to figure this out, so I don't think you need to worry just yet, remember you go on dates until you find the right man?"
" Yeah its o.k that I don't marry Joel..... because I am going to find me the PERFECT man!"

SO watch our all you Perfect 5-7 year old boys...Olivia is coming to get you!

No comments: