Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How is that fair?

So basically I hate spiders, all kinds, sizes and shapes. My poor kids don't get to go to the reptile house int he zoo because I am scared of seeing the tarantula, yes, it's that bad. Over this last month and a half I have been on a mission of self betterment. I am learning new things each day and working a little harder than maybe I normally would to know the Lords will and do it.

Now you may ask yourself, How in the world do these two things go together? well, let me tell you. when you are working to do better in your life, the Lord blesses you, and then you are filled with compassion. Today when I was doing my laundry I was waiting for the water to fill the basin so I could put some product into the water. with the lid up I just sat there contemplating the to do list when I noticed a tiny spider scurrying around on the top of the still dry portion of laundry. My first impulse was " HA!, now you can't enjoy running around my house!" and then my new found compassion turned on. I felt incredibly guilty as I stood there and watched him run to and fro looking for a dry place and then eventually when there was none. he drowned. I couldn't help but think, what if it was me and the person stood there laughing and not willing to help?

so I ask, how is that fair? the thing I dislike probably MOST in this world, is the thing I suddenly feel racked with guilt over not saving. Is this what lies in my future? goodness! I just don't know then how to reconcile my pity with my fear....

2 comments:

Carianne said...

I love reading your blogs.. oh by the way, i miss talking to you!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

oh that poor spider! that's ok. last week i had a hornet get in the house. i thought about smashing it, but then thought, i should catch it and put it outside. when i went to put the cup over it, i smashed it in half.