Sunday, April 5, 2009

late again on a sunday night...

These last few sundays I have been staying up late trying to get my last minute stuff together. For any one who knows me well, you know about " the class". for those who don't let me fill you in. over three years ago I took a little class from sister Kathleen Wilson in the heritage ward. it was once a week for a couple hours in sarahs basement, It changed my life. It changed how I looked at myself, my father in heaven and those around me. I found I could begin to become the women of God I knew always exsisted somewhere in there, after all I am a daughter of the most high king right?
As I and many of my friends learned at the feet of this wonderful woman, we were also told we would have to share our knowledge with others. As the years have moved on, I have tried to share what I could here and there to those who would listen. These next few weeks I am attempting to teach it in a more formal setting with notes, hand outs, talks and everything else I can muster up. so that the full depth of my knowlege gained can be shared. I know I am not doing this alone. I feel the powers of both sides each day through this process. On the one hand my mind is filled with amazing Ideas and memories come so much clearer then usual. I am able to put together the outline with what seems like effortless ease. then there is the other side, which makes me slow to sit down and work on it and I feel SO incapable at times. the side that says " what are you doing crazy woman?" but I know which side is stronger and I welcome its guidence and love. It feels good to immersed in the Lords words and work. It just feels good! I pray that I can continue to work to be worthy of his guidence so that those whom I share my knowledge, which I have gained through his loving kindess, can bless their lives as it has mine.

5 comments:

Andra said...

You will do an amazing job, because you are doing it with guidance from our Heavenly Father, and your loving heart! Most importantly, anyone who knows you can learn from your example because you teach each of us everyday by how you live. I love you sweetheart, and I hope you have a wonderfull birthday this week!

Carianne said...

you are a strong individual Boo.. You have never been known as a slacker in the least bit. If it involves the gospel it involves your whole heart!. Love you, and wish I could be there to hear you!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

you're doing great! don't worry so much!

Britt said...

WHAT?! How did I miss this awesome class? I LOVE Sis. Wilson.

Could you send along your handouts and notes? If that's not too big of a pain, I would be SO grateful. I wish I could hear you in person.

tressie17 said...

Brigette,
When are these classes? I would LOVE to join the group--if you would have me. Thanks for what you said yesterday. I have been thinking about it a lot. I have a birthday present for you. I was hoping to bring it by today but unfortunately, I did not get home from work until after nine and I knew that was too late to stop by. Hopefully, I will be able to stop by sometime this week. Thank you for being such a great example of what a daughter of God should be. I am so blessed to know you! I love you and the special woman that you are. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. See you soon!