Wednesday, July 28, 2010

American Idol

SO today I finally allowed myself to think about it....I have not been able to in the past because its a mixture of...well lets face it, I have to fight all my insecure demons, to possibly(?) (working on being positive here) get shot down and told that I should listen to them after all.....

you are probably wondering what I am talking about, let me tell you! My cute family started a face book page called " we think Brigette should try out for American Idol" and yes it has about 50 people family and friends on it. The thing is, they have all been so sweet and supportive that it made me wonder if my demons were real or fake, I suppose one way to find out its to try...

SO knowing that if anything came about, This blog would all the sudden be read by more the two or three people, lol, I want it to be know that I love to sing, when I am happy, sad or angry or confused, I sit down at that piano and sing my heart out. My poor neighbors get a concert every day because I love to sing! It is one of the things that makes me happy in those moments when nothing else can.

I am not young, I don't have a Mariah Carey like voice, but maybe I can let me self think that the world would enjoy hearing a Mom of three, wife of ten years, PTA loving, Relief Society goin' girl sing her heart out, and maybe they would even enjoy it. Maybe not...I mean the insecure demons say no one wants to hear it. BUT If I can get a my voice back, I am going to drive myself those two hours and try to remember how cute girls dress and do their makeup and sing my heart out...and MAYBE some one will enjoy it!

So, if you few friends and family who read this blog and love me, just because you do and you want to help, I need song suggestions. I love jazz and I need three songs with about 18 seconds of awesomeness....any suggestions?

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you! No song suggestions yet, but I'll keep a listen out for something with STAR QUALITY! lol

Carianne said...

I am SOOOO happy you are doing this! Got my ear on teh radio listening for suggestions!

Wife Of A Salesman said...

any thing nora jones "Don't know why I didnt come" do that one, and you should do it, just to say you did, no regrets when you are older, besides it is a great example for your kids...Emily

Hugs from mom said...

You Go Girl! I would totally vote for you. Good Luck!