Thursday, July 15, 2010

hmmm....

Today I was driving in my car ( I have been doing that a lot this week!) and It struck me that If I was in advertising I for sure would have a bleak out look on the general population.....I heard ad after ad appealing to those of us who would like to "sit on our butts all the time", who never get enough "me time" those of us who just don't feel good about ourselves so we need to go out and buy things because...well didn't you know.... if you buy things for yourself you will instantly feel better? I just had to stop and think..when did it become o.k to be selfish and lazy and be willing to pay any amount of money to do so? its and interesting experiment to start listening to an ad and think about what they are really saying, the message they are encouraging...listen this week. see what you think. because I think all the messages that are being sent out are really hurting our image of ourselves. they are demoralizing and provocative...its sad really.

No comments: