Wednesday, September 10, 2008

being mom

I love singing lullabies to my kids. There is just something in that rare moment when they actually let me sing to them at night and every thing is calm, well there is just something in that moment that makes me feel like a mom. I think as a young girl this was how I pictured being a mom- hugs, dancing, cupcakes and lullabies. What I didn't picture were all the other "fun" things that can come with the territory. like Olivia proclaiming at soccer tonight " OH MOM, we got a booger, and its a big one....but I think you can get it!" or when after loosing a game of monopoly she pouted for an hour, or Jacksons endless crying today. But tonight when I put my sweet ones to bed, we talked about the day, and Jackson asked me to sing him a song, every thing felt good, and I would just be a liar if I didn't say being a mom is everything I dreamed and more.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Seriously, that was beautiful.

Unknown said...

You do a great job baby!

Heather said...

Awww. I miss that too. Our kids rarely ask me to sing to them anymore, but I love when they do.

ps... can you get rid of word verification, I hate it????

Carianne said...

So sweet...

Andra said...

You have perfectly described what us moms all feel, including yours! Just remember to hold on tight to those sweet little things they say, because before long they will grow up and then you will have to wait until those beautiful expressions return when one day they are moms! Love you sweetie, your beautiful. Love Mom