Wednesday, September 24, 2008



Right now I am not only eating a lot but I am headed into the nesting phase of pregnancy. Yesterday I worked on tutus- which is getting really hard with this belly, decorated my house for Halloween, organized my ceder chest, cleaned the house, watched a movie with the kids, went to a cooking class at the church, finished the baby shower list, and found time to get obsessed with the baby blessing dress. As I was cleaning out the ceder chest I came across my blessing dress and Olivia's ( don't know where jacks is!?!). I started thinking about what to do for Adri's dress last week and looking at these two dresses I suddenly knew I must figure it out that moment! lol. as I continued organizing, I came across some beautiful pillowcases my grandma made and one in particular stood out to me. I matched MY baby lessing bonnett to the pillow case, I have always thought it was cute and they matched nicely. then I remebered heathers blog a few weeks ago and the dresses she made for her girls out of pillow cases. my only problem is that the fabric is yellowing. So I am going to try and whiten it, I thoguth the project was lost ( which was a trgedy of the highest degree) but then I came up with a dress design that will hide the spots the yellowing has started. by the decortive part on the pillow there is NO yellow and so I think I will still be able to use it. Now I can have a beautiful, meaningful and affordable options for our newest angel. here are the pictures of the pillow case and my design. the pink in the picture will be a sheer overlay on the cotton, so It will be light in color and weight. now I just have to figure out how to do it all! let me know what you think and if you have any ides for the yellowing problem.

2 comments:

Carianne said...

You are so creative Boo! it looks great. And I must say.. almost yes, whimpy me started to cry. Grandma would have been thrilled.

Heather said...

That is a great idea! It's going to be beautiful.

Our pillowcases were pretty yellow too. Jeremy's mom got a TON of it out. Call me, I'll get the details from her!!