Monday, March 9, 2009

As a thief in the night...

Last night my husband and I were discussing all the things happening around us. we both agreed that as young energetic teens we never thought the lessons in seminary about the second coming would come true so soon in our lives. it was interesting because we were going over just a small list of "signs" of the second coming, just things we could remember off the top of our head. Changing of the season-check- wars and rumors of wars-check- families turning against each other- check-Have you ever heard of some many terrible things happening in peoples lives as right now? the news can't even begin to cover it all.. I got on-line to check the news as I do many times a day and the headlines were:

AFP/Reuters

North Korea puts armed forces on standby for war and threatens to 'launch without hesitation a just retaliatory strike' against anyone seeking to stop its 'satellite' launch.
N. Korean Leader Kim Re-Elected to Parliament

It made me pause, especially the article about Americans turning from God their very creator.
We have always been taught that the second coming would come as a thief in the night, except for those who were waiting and watching. Are we watching? I have to say I think most are not, but maybe, just maybe its time we start.

7 comments:

Jennifer and Brad said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm avoiding put a picture of my new hair cut up because some days I like it and some days I hate it.. I was expecting to feel this way since the last time my hair was this short was in first grade. But, maybe on a good hair day I'll post one.

Carianne said...

We had this same discussion like nto that long ago!... It has got to be close.. and never did we think that the signs would be so evident.

Melissa said...

i think it is close. Heck we don't even have control over our child sex education in school and if we want to teach them about gay relationships

Dial Family said...

Thanks for the wake up call...
BTW: TATIANA IS GONE!!! YAY!! I am SO with you on that chick... SO FULL OF DRAMA. They musta really needed the ratings.. (I LOVE DVR!!).
What a fun soon to be birthday party for Jack!! You def. have to post on how it went, looks like tons of fun for everyone!!
You've been busy...

Hugs from mom said...

I enjoyed your post. So, you know what happens when countries struggle economically, they go to war. Not like we're not already at war but you know that news report about the brush we had at sea with China? I could totally see our country blowing things out of proportion just to stir up a war to boost our economy. I wouldn't even be surprised if it turned global so everyone could get into the action. It's sick, but let's just watch and see.

Heather said...

Brigette you are right on!! The gathering of the 12 tribes has already begun!! We have now people who have been declared from every tribe, ie Naphtali, Dan, Judah, etc. We will live to see the events foretold that happen just before the Savior comes!! Check out this website. I love it and it's such a great source of info and really great people! www.ldsavow.com you can enter my name as a referral if you want. They keep it a paid site to keep the crazies out but it's worth EVERY SINGLE penny! My Mom and I are both members! Hope you have your 3-month and year's supply.

FuturePedDoc said...

thanks for posting this...can't help but look at the world and not think it is getting close...sometimes its hard to remember the good out there. That's why I am glad there are people like you trying to do what's right and in a world where everything is crashing down are standing for something.