Friday, January 4, 2013

In the middle of a storm....

today I feel like I am in the middle of a storm. Every where I look is chaos. There are things much bigger then me are happening and they are things I have no control over and yet am a part of. The storm is huge, and surrounds me. But I am not the storm. I am not even in the worst part of it. But I am walking into it and taking my children along. Why do I think I can face this storm? how is victory for my family possible? These questions swirl around my head...

And yet, I find myself looking at the storm in a different way. Maybe different then in the past. As I struggle to place my emotions, I look for the sounds of rain and wind on my face. I look for the hope that the storm can bring, new life, fresh air, change.

I pray that the Lord will navigate me and those is the midst of the storm to a safe shelter. I play that we will call come out better, stronger, and changed.

I know I am not speaking details, but they are not mine to share, But if you have the thought or time, pray for those you care about. For perhaps your day is sunny and you have recently weathered a storm of your own, your air might be fresh and things growing again....remember storms move on, others feel their influence. Pray for those who are walking into the storms they didn't ask for...

1 comment:

Wife Of A Salesman said...

I feel like I just came out of that storm, 2012 was not an awesome year for our family. One thing that helped me through it was that as I struggled with all the darkness. Beautiful miracles were easier to notice, try hard to notice the miracles and sunny days. I think 2012 helped me appreciated bright happy days so much more because of all the dark days. You talked on facebook about new years resolutions. I actually decided to make one, this is it...I am taking President Uchtdorf's advise and I am going to "Let myself be happier". (October 2012, general conference "of regrets and resolutions". Hang in there!