Saturday, August 16, 2008

Big day for boo

A few weeks ago with the support of my amazing husband I started on a new adventure! I was sitting at a baby shower- it was one of the girliest events I have ever been to in my life!- and somewhere during the two hours of present opening I had this vision of a tiny new born onsie and a tiny tutu with flowers and all the ribbons and of course a hair bow to match and finish it off. As I started looking around I found out this is something becoming quite a trend. BUT mine are for newborns and sweeties up to a year. I haven't found anything that looks like then just yet! after countless hours...... well over 60, and lots of sewing, using of all things my scrap book sewing machine- mine happened to break one tutu into it all- I was ready with 20 tutus in hand of various colors and armed with an amazing friend to help me with the setup. we drove an hour away, set up and anxiously waited for customers and reactions. 3 people came to the event.....all related to me. needless to say I was exhausted from all the hard work and disappointed. My husband, family and great friend were so supportive though even in my failure of a night that I couldn't be too sad. on the way home my friend suggested we take them to a local store which sells high end Items, and other local items, see if they might want to purchase some and resell them. so today we went. I have to admit that I was in a real dorky mood and if it had not been for my friend, the day would have not turned out the same. By the time we left they had purchased five of my tutus for a reasonable price with the intention to sell them for $48.00! They also said they would be interested in seeing more for christmas! So I left with my first receipt for Tutu's by BOO and a check written in my name! For any one who's local, the store name is Twigs. It has been one of the most exciting things that has happened to me. so much hard work, not in my comfort zone because it was sewing and totally different the my last business ventures because I was putting something made by me out there to be judged. but also so exciting that such a great store thought they were good enough to offer them to their clients!! anyway I will post the pictures of some of them as soon as I can but for now watch out! your going to start seeing babies wearing my stuff!

2 comments:

Heather said...

How cool! You totally need to set up and ETSY site and bypass selling them to the store.

Etsy.com check it out!!

Kim Tafua said...

I'm so proud of you Boo! You really deserved this. They ARE absolutely adorable and I can see them flying off the rack soon... Ditty already has them posted on her personal blog, You should check it out at shutupnoway.blogspot.com -Love ya!