Monday, August 25, 2008

wet pants, cookies and charity

well since Friday I have continued the roller coaster of emotions. But here are some high lights.

- I found gluten free cookies for 2.99 at marshalls!
- Even though Olivia had a weird accident and wet her pants in kindergarten, the situation was well handled by a great teacher and she was not scarred for life!
- Mike is more supportive of me then I ever understood and I can't imagine going through some of my silly issues with out him by my side
- Jackson is currently mastering the game of operation and for a three year old he might be able to preform a small surgery, if you don't mind a lot of yelling!
- I was reminded that I am not perfect and have imperfect tendencies, like I didn't already know it, i know. but the part I remembered is that this imperfectness comes with the natural man side of life...but the lord will help me word through those ( thank you ensign!)
- those we love always hurt the most, and yes in Yuba city you will hear about it from many sources
- but mostly I was reminded of the concept of charity and not just doing it but becoming it. I am grateful to be reminded of the examples in my past who seemed to have embodied this concept. I have a renewed sense of determination to become more like them along with the ultimate example of charity....you mean more like my savior?? yes, thats who we are trying to be like right? remembering That one thing brings me a huge amount of joy and peace.

I am always amazed that in life the little things can SO quickly get in the way of the big picture. but I can feel a change of heart coming on! it doesn't mean the situations I am dealing with are NOT real or painful or not fun, BUT it does mean maybe I can find a better way to go about it all. Never will there be a day not I am not grateful for three major things.
1. my heavenly father and his son Jesus Christ, with that comes the gospel and the fullness there of. what better time could we live in? have a question? it is answered through the gospel!
2. My husband...need I say more? he is amazing
3. my incredible children. the more I invest in them the greater joy I feel as a mother and the sacred calling that is part of my existence. They are the thing that most often makes me love and appreciate the first two things on my list.

3 comments:

Carianne said...

oh Boo... you got a handful! I love you though.. and keep me on speed dial!

Kim Tafua said...

Ok fine! You're making me feel guilty for not being charitable! How come you always do the right thing first??? It makes me look bad! Love you!

Phyllisa said...

You are such an inspiration! I love you!