Saturday, October 18, 2008

o.k , fine, I get it.

O.k, fine, I get it I will slow down! My new Dr. for this pregnancy has been....lacking? we have told him over and over about my other two pregnancies and how they went down, but he has not seemed concerned. after months of worrying, I finally decided that if he wasn't worried then neither should I. I have learned how to work through and ignore most painful contractions and not stop even if they came often. With the holidays upon us we have been EXTRA busy, not one day goes by that my list is not full, I don't know how we will do it all, and yet it magically gets done each day and we gear up for the next. Last night- after one very crazy week I knew I had to act "pregnant" and give in, by 10:00 I informed the family (who was having the friday night party- its what we do in this house, of course the kids love it) that I was done and going to bed. did they all think I was a party pooper? yes, but I didn't care. At 11:30 I came back out, mike was more then suprised- you see, I went and laid down only to realize I was haveing contractions about every three minutes apart. At 12:30 we decided we better go in, sure enough I was haveing regular contractions and they needed to stop them ( I am only 33 weeks). so I got the lovley shot, then an hour later I got another one, and my contractions, though still there, were not regular any more and by 4 am we got to finally go home. It was a long night full of shaking and sickness and a rapid heart rate, so I guess the Dr. doesn't know everything. we should have listened to our worries a little more. SO NOW I am on very careful watch and while not totally on bed rest, I have to seriously limit my activites, which I don't know how to do very well (thanks mom). BUT I have to becuase I am dialated to a 1 1/2 which isn't much but I am effaced 80% and she is extremly low and well...ready to get here. With my body it will not take much to get her here and with it being quite early we can't go on that adventure just yet. Of course I am grateful for all the people who have allready, just 24 hours later, reached out and offered help, but more especially Mike becuase he even is trying to "nest" for me so I won't go crazy, I love you honey! I guess we will see what these next few weeks bring. wish me luck.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Please be careful. It's OK to be "lazy" when your pregnant, especially when you putting yourself in labor. Also doctors suck sometimes. I think you know your body better than they do a lot of the time. Love you, Now go lay down!

Alyssa said...

wow. close call. i am glad mike is there to help out. i wish i could come out and help watch the kids...we miss you and take it slow...

Carianne said...

yes, unfortaunately our mother gave us this awesome.. never stop attitude. Sure gets alot done, but can be dangerous. Take it easy Boo... I can't afford to come see my new niece yet!.

Heather said...

sheesh... get some rest!

Hugs from mom said...

Hang in there. I know that panicky feeling we get ever fall to decorate and bake and buy gifts. But you need to ignore the urges and take care of yourself. Try reading. It's the only thing that makes me sit down and get my mind off all the things I need to do. I can give you some good recommendations if you need any.

Take care!

Phyllisa said...

*hugs* I'm so sorry! I changed doctors with AJ at 26 weeks for that very reason. Doctors suck sometimes!

I'm glad you are both o.k.!

You know I know how much bed rest sucks! Hang in there! The lap top really helped me the last time around!