Saturday, August 22, 2009

the clock keeps ticking, I keep running and wondering if I am doing anything well enough to be worth the it....My self talk is all over the place, negative and then completely opposite. I tell my self I now have the privilege of learning to be a mom who has correct priorities and yet manages to do everything else that people ask of her and do those things some how beautifully. I always admired women who seems to have this talent.

The problem is I am defiantly not there, and while I am learning to be more positive, I wonder if its possible to do what I keep telling myself I am doing. SO to all you high functioning super women out there, I would love suggestions because literally every hour of my every day is booked. When I blog or jump on face book, its because I am stealing time that I should have been using for something else.
Like right now, I just got home from stake play practice where I did a costume check for the entire cast- before play practice I had an enrichment committee meeting at my house, I should be working on Olivias b-day invites because I need to get them out tomorrow, but instead I am doing this. Mike will be here shortly to do the next round of errands......

So how do I life life a little more effectively? is getting up Early the key to this? are there foods that help with my energy lever? ( I am not talking red bull or anything like that. I am talking fruits veggies and grains) I don't know- but as I work move along in life, I guess I can look forward to learning the super secrets of the super mom! even if the only secret is to hold on, run fast, don't yell and enjoy the journey.

2 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

Sometimes I think the secret of being a super mom is to slow down. Sounds crazy but I noticed when my energy levels are dropping and I still have a ton to do if I slow down but keep moving (zombie mom) I still get everything done.

Other times I just have to have a day to regroup and replan and go to bed really early. Then it seems I have the energy to run for four or five more days.

Good luck.

Phyllisa said...

I like this. It's what I do too. I have to have at least one day a week where I don't have to go anywhere or do anything, even grocery shop. I usually try to make it date night so that I don't even have to cook. :D But then, I can be up and running again and somehow make it to all the crazy places I have to be. You can't give what you don't have. Remember to take time for you. :)