Wednesday, August 26, 2009

gossip and truth

just to clarify a couple of things in my own mind I looked up two words:

Gossip: (n)
1. a person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts 2: rumor or report of an intimate nature 3: an informal conversation- gos-sipy adj.
Taken from page 312 of the Merriam-webster Dictionary

TRUTH: (n)
1: truthfullness, honesty 2: the real state of things:FACT 3: the body of real events or facts: ACTUALITY , correctness.
taken from page 769 of the Merriam-Webster Dictionary

There are a few more words that could be defined, but, today I was simply reminded that if we all told the truth in love (which happens to be one of my favorite statements) life would be all the better. Someday I will write a book on lies, why we tell them- how they are the center of all things bad. why do you think the scriptures refers to Satan as " the father of all lies"? because if there were no lies, our lives would be drastically different in a way I don't know most of us even comprehend.

Just as an experiment as your self if you are 100% truthfull all the time, Then ask you self when you lie? and why? yeah they be little but WHY do you do it?? The answer is usually interesting an d I think we would find most of the time if we would awnser with love, we could stop lying and our lives and those around us would change completly.

2 comments:

Carianne said...

uhh is this my cue to watch the fine lines when I talk to you? :)

Britt said...

"tell the truth in love"... I like that.

You're amazing.