Thursday, August 20, 2009

NOW WHAT?

any ideas?

How do you help some one break out of their shy shell?? at home Olivia is a funny loud bossy sweet little "mom". At school she is the perfect student, listens to every direction, but she won't say a word, she is alone at the play ground because the thought of speaking to some one even people she knows is so hard and overwhelming for her that she just wanders quietly. She loves school ,s he enjoys the challenge intellectually, but, with in a month she will refuse to go because the social part of school is just to much.
I can already see in just a week we are headed the same place as last year ( which was NOT good) so how can I provide an alternate route for her to travel? How do I help her? any ideas because I it coming and I just know there has to be a way to help it, maybe not even totally fix but HELP it be a better year.

1 comment:

Phyllisa said...

Maybe ask the school to have her assessed? She obviously has social anxiety, but if you can find out where that stems from, that would be helpful. I think they have occupational therapy that will help her. I've heard that California has awesome programs available.