Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Adventures of Jack

I have a mini cook in my house, his name is Jack. Every night when I announce I am making dinner he runs in as fast as his little feet can carry him saying, "What are we making tonight mommy?"

A couple weeks ago I taught him how to grate cheese, last night I needed some done and he was more then excited to use his new skills. after finishing almost the whole block, I heard him run in and tell yaya the following story ( yes its all in caps because he yells when he is excited):

"YAYA! GUESS WHAT?!? i WAS GRATING THE CHEESE AND IT JUMPED OUT OF MY HANDS AND WAS FALLING!..... YEAH...... AND THEN MY SLEEVE CAUGHT IT! AND IT DIDN'T EVEN FALL TO THE GROUND....YEAH...AND SO NOW....I AM A HERO..yeah... CAUSE THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO!!"

He went around telling us he was a hero the rest of the night, I mean after all- he did save the cheese.

6 comments:

Carianne said...

How cute! Love the kid... And hey any boy who thinks he is a hero deserves to be one..

Shannon said...

He is so funny. Your such a nice mom to let him help.

Jill said...

You are a great mom to let him always help. It usually takes me a lot longer when I get helpers in my kitchen. I guess I need to find more jobs like shredding cheese for them to do.

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

We all know how important cheese is to the meal. It's the best part!

Dial Family said...

HE is so adorable!! I love funny stories like that from kids!! He and Emma would so love hangin out and cooking imaginary food all day... not only does she love dressing up but she'll come in and want to help cook too (I've gotten brave and have even let her break eggs...), SO cute!!

Nancy said...

Quick! Get them to help while they still want to help. I put the dishes down low so that the boys could empty the dishwasher and put most of the dishes away. The reward for the dishwasher emptier was to sit in the front seat--shotgun! Is there a special place in the car anymore to use was incentive? I love your kid stories. They are really fun and sweet.