Monday, January 5, 2009

Superstars of Dance

Has any one out there watched the show "super Stars of Dance"? Well I watched it with the kids today while Joseph was being Fussy, watching my kids was the best part- here are some highlights:


Olivia, when the Russian ball room dancers danced

"eww every body look away that guys is half naked!"

Olivia- when the south African Solo dancer came out
" why is he in his under ware?"
I told her there are some really far away places people don't ware a lot of clothes, some of them don't even have houses like we do..more like camping in wood tents? it was a little hard to explain to her.

So then these other dancers come out in very little clothing and Jack says
"they must not have houses either...right?"

during the tango by...... was it Russia? ANYWAY- jack says
"why is he touching her leg? EEWWW his nose is on her cheek!"

and THEN the American gymnast/cabaret partner dancers come out.....
yes, I have Olivia looking at these crazy moves THEN looking at Jack and saying
" I can do that,"
and running toward her brother to throw him in the air I told her
"no you can not! not now or EVER! you are not allowed to try those moves on your brother!"

I have to say though the best part was them trying to imitate the various dancers and then wanting me to give them a score, and it was VERY serious business for them to.

hmm...maybe this educational, appreciate different cultures thing was a bit TOO early for them. SO if you haven't watched it, it was fairly entertaining if you like dance ( which I do) but maybe not if you want to answer a lot of questions from your kids.

4 comments:

Britt said...

so funny!

Carianne said...

after getting off the phone with you i had to explain my sparatic laughing fits to tyrel.. he laughed jsut as hard!

Jill said...

I have never seen the show. Sounds like it is one to watch with the kids to get a few laughs!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

i love kids. they have such personality. it makes up for the moments when their personalities are...less than desireable...