Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Livys big day






For the entire duration of her life, Olivias dad has wanted her to get her ears pierced. she has been fairly level headed though, and thought this was a girly fru fru thing she just didn't need to do. Until Sunday.
I don't know why, but as he was teasing her about getting it done for the billionth time; she decided it was a good idea. she did ask for a night to think about it for sure. But sure as the sun rises, the next morning her mind was made up. By 5:30 we were in the local claires picking out her earings.

Now this could just be another sweet story about a cute little girl getting her new daisy, multi-colored earings- but I think you will see by the pictures it didn't quite go down that way. She was very nervous, so I offered to let her sit on my lap. After getting the first one done, she decided that was enough and proceeded to scream and cry for the next HOUR! the whole time dad was just hanging out with the boys, here I was telling my little girl why she had to have two earings not just one, I couldn't belivie I was ( the one who definatly didn't want this done) talking my daughter into this. But what was I supposed to do? she already had one ear done! I have this thing about choices too, she made this choice, so even if it was painful she needed to follow through. I don't want her to think when she makes choices, and they get hard she can just jump ship and everything will be o.k. So after and hour of dirty looks from every one in the mall, because I must be a terrible mom for doing this to my sweet young daughter, Mike got his dream and Olivia has her ears peirced. She does love them too... but at the end of the night Mike said to her, "Should you be telling some one thank you?" you know what she said???? " thank you DAD." yeah, it was the best night of my life.

3 comments:

Carianne said...

lol.. how funny.. why didn't they do them at the same time?... usually they offer.

Melissa said...

That is weird that they didn't do them at the same time. Maybe it was there first day. You are most defiantly not a bad mom. Jason and I saw a woman at the mall making her about 3 year old boy get one of his ears pierced. He was screaming no mommy no and crying

Heather said...

So sad about that boy!

Livy looks cute. My friends daughter did the same thing last week. They walked around walmart for and hour until she decided to finally do the other one so she wouldn't look weird. She's 7 though so maybe the rationalizing is a little better when they are older.