Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lovin the new year....and my new favorite toy

Just like millions of other people Mike and I are determined to eat better this year. For christmas I got a new Food processor, Jack and I have had A LOT of fun with it every day coming up with new recipes. Last week we made had a new version Of stir fry ( we eat it a lot but changed up the veggies and sauce on it), Yummy potato soup, and some gluten free corn bread that I could not have made with out my new toy; tonight we are making french bread with the same machine! Each night when I start dinner Jack comes in and says "what are we going to put in the food processor mom?"

ANYWAY, in effort to expand our diet I bought black beans today. I always hear great things about recipies with black beans, it seems when ever some one says " you just HAVE to try this" it has black beans. But quite frankly I have absoulutly NO idea what to do with them, so I am calling on the collective powers of those who read this blog to PLEASE give me some suggestions. thanks!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Dude black beans are good just by themselves, but my favorite recipe is southwestern eggrolls. They aren't healthy so it might not fit in with your new goals.

Brigette-boo said...

I didn't say...totally healthy...just better then we were! =)

Kaylynn said...

We like to make taco soup at our house using black beans. Just add some crushed tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, black beans, and some salsa to a pot and heat it up. It is way easy and very yummy!

Dial Family said...

What a fun toy for the new year!! You guys are so great. I wish I could get Nate to do that with me.. then I'd do better. Not that he's TOO bad, but there's always room for improvement, esp. when we're feeding children. Gotta love him though!!

Carianne said...

Ewwww sorry not a fan of Beans in any shape, size or form... hope your other fellow readers can help you out.

Melissa said...

i have a favorite website it is allrecipes.com. i love it you can search about a million recipes by typing in a key word and then you can also create a recipe box for ones you like. Then my favorite thing it has an automatic serving calculator. You just put in how many servings you need and it will redo the recipe for you.