Friday, January 2, 2009

Thank you Brittney!

For several weeks now I have not been able to do Olivias hair. Every time I attempt to do anything more then a barrette pulling her hair out of her face, I have a little girl who screams and yells and throws HUGE fits because she doesn't want to be " pretty". I told her after over an hour of going back and forth that I did not feel bad for her woes. I couldn't feel bad for some one who was mad they were pretty. I have also tried to teach her how good she could feel knowing the Lord made her beautiful. but none of my talking or reasoning has made a difrence. LAst night we went to Mikes parents for dinner. I put her hair in piggy tails. WOW you would think I was terrible. she ended up staying in our car out side until she could compose her self. Thats the funny thing with her, we rarley- actually pretty much never- have discipline her, she does it all her self. ANYWAY, as I was trying, for what felt like the hundreth time, to reason with her last night I remembered Brittneys blog and the book she has made for her little girl, they have taken pictures of her daughters hair and then made a book so each morning she can look through it and chose how she wants her hair. I suggested to Olivia we do this. she loved the Idea! it gives her the power to Choose and me the power to actually have her look nice! yeah!!! thank you Brittney!! hopefully there will not be too many more days of a screaming beauty in the house!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What an amazing idea. I'm going to tell all my friends.

SimplyAmy said...

I have seen my sister go through the same thing. That is a great idea, I am soo going to use that when I get married and have kids! Congrats on the addition to the family btw. He is adorable!

Carianne said...

That is a really good idea.. Hope it works!

Britt said...

Ohhh, you make me feel so good, Bridgette. I was wondering if anyone even checks that on my blog. YOU MADE MY DAY!!!