Saturday, January 24, 2009

An escape....


I have a couple of really good friends who love to read. so they often tell me I "have" to read this or that book. Well, so far I have loved every book they have suggested. ( twlight? yes, They suggested that one to) Last night I started a Book called " the Goose Girl" it was wonderful. It had a great plot. I told mike it was a fairy tale for adults. I somehow REALLY related to the main character. I guess the thing I loved most was that the goose girl truly is on an adventure of self discovery. Anyway I read from 8 p.m to 3 a.m. It was wonderful, I felt like I had taken a vacation.... but I am a little tired today.

7 comments:

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

i could use an escape. i think i'll find it and give it a try.

Hugs from mom said...

That is one of my all time favorite books. I reread it every once in a while because it takes me away. I love all of her books. They all have the same effect on me.

Jill said...

I just started this book yesterday. I can't wait to have time to read it all!

Dial Family said...

Sounds like a good book.... Loved your own story about the kids and x-box and leapster and tv... how sad not to blog for a week, but you are such a great example to those adorable kids of yours!! (makes me laugh to think of them crying at the park in that they want to go home and play their games instead of stretch run and play at the park... so funny!!). Sounds like you've been super busy... hope things quiet down a bit for ya... keep bloggin girl!!

Britt said...

I love Shannon Hale. Her books are so cute and CLEAN. I just finished The Book of A Thousand Days. It was darling.

You need to join goodreads.com. It's fun.

Tiffany A. said...

I LOVE to read! I'll have to check that one out...thanks for the post!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

ok, so I just finished it. once i got to page 100, I read it straight through! I couldn't put it down. It was great!