Friday, January 16, 2009

Un-american?

So out here in cali, we Mormons are getting a lot of junk for supporting prop. 8. the proposition that is for marriage being between a man and women. Not that we don't like or love all people, just that the word MARRIAGE should only be between male and female. those who choose differently can have a union or what ever they want, they even have all the proper rights here in cali to take care and be with WHOEVER they love. so really we are talking a matter of a word. which is what we defended. can you think of any religion which feels different? really? no ALL religions understand that this is how God meant it to be.

SO when Tom hanks went on the record saying we were "un-American" for upholding these moral beliefs...It made me feel a little strange, because, man, I LOVE America. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. I feel like a privileged person to be here. I just had a weird moment reading the opinion of a man who if he looked at me and knew I was a Mormon, would instantly think different of me. This world is getting stranger and stranger every day, And I tell you what sometimes it make me feel scared to know people literally hate me for my beliefs. so if you want to read his thoughts, here is where you go:


http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480167,00.html

3 comments:

Kristen said...

What a putz. I think I just lost alot of respect for Tom Hanks. So sad that they have to keep replaying the same "hate" card over and over.

Becky said...

It seems like a LOT of the stars out there are doing the whole PROP 8 thingy too! Do they even know that the CATHOLICS were the one to start the prop 8 thing and asked the mormons to join their cause? Seriously - well I hope he can hate me as much for saying that I will no longer support any actor who doesn't support my religious commitment to the idea of marriage between man and woman only. So sad to see that someone that I respected so much - has to put himself "on record" about the situations.... why did he single out mormons - why didn't he just say ANY RELIGION?

Love you guys!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

Are you serious? That's ridiculous. WE don't go on record criticizing actors decisions. I don't think I'll look at him the same.