Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Maybe I am not really ready yet.

Each night before the kids go to bed I go in and have " chit-chat" time with each of them. It has been a good way for us to talk about everything- from the best cartoon they saw this week to troubles at school and the gospel. Tonight in effort to keep me in his room longer, Jackson brought up Jesus ( he knows my soft spots) . He looked at the picture on the wall and asked "when is Jesus was coming back to this earth?". I told him no one REALLY knew, but the scriptures could help us get clues, because they told us all the things that needed to happen before Jesus would come. Jackson- being the know it all he is- told me not once but twice he knew exactly when Jesus was coming......." right after Adriana is born" SO, this poses a problem for me- Am I REALLY ready for her to come? If Jackson was to be right, maybe I would be o.k with her staying in my belly a little longer cause I have a lot of work to do! =)
The best part of the conversation was when all the sudden with excitement in his eyes he said " I KNOW! JESUS COULD COME AND HAVE A SLEEPOVER HERE!!!!............. YEAH! that would be fun."
Then he said Jesus would have to sleep in Ya Yas room, he didn't want the Jesus bed to block his dresser because then he couldn't get dressed that would make him mad, so it would be better if Jesus just stayed with ya ya.
Anyway I had to write this down tonight- he says some pretty sweet and funny things but I love hearing him talk about his Brother the savior, he truly views him in that light and It brings out the best things I have ever heard!
P.S
the dr. swears tomorrow this whole baby thing is happening....we shall see.

1 comment:

Carianne said...

Good luck Boo! and Jack is so sweet, but oh too smart for his own good!