Monday, December 8, 2008

Our little Christmas Gift



When I first found I was pregnant I assumed Our little angel would come the beginning of November three weeks early like our other two... as time went on and people would ask " when is your due date?" I would tell them and the response was always.."oh, so maybe by Christmas!" Of course the thought of being pregnant until christmas was something I could not allow my self to consider and I am gratful the Lord knew I maybe would not handle very well. But I have to admit that having a brand new baby with all the feeling and emotions of christmas surrounding him is a wonderful thing. I really do have more sympathy For Mary as she and Joseph went from place to place seeking refugue, Was she in labor all that night? Most women don't have babies in an hour and a half like I did, which makes me wonder, Was there a feeling of panick that this baby was coming and there was not even a safe and warm place for him to be born? As all mothers, I am sure she wanted only the best for her new son....I doubt a stable was what she imagined and yet- It was a safe pace where the savior of the world was born. A place not crowded by other humans, a place where after a long journey she could rest and enjoy the amazing feeling of being a mother to a beautiful new baby. IN many ways as I have reflected on Mary and that amazing Night, I guess I feel closer to her and My savior then I ever have, perhaps having a christmas baby boy could be one of the biggest blessing of My life. I love my Savior and Heavenly father and I am so gratful for the blessings in my life and especially right now Our little Joseph.

3 comments:

Finley Family said...

He is adorable! Congrats!

Nancy said...

Boo and Mike,

What a darling picture of a sweet baby boy. Congratulations.
Aunt Nancy

Carianne said...

congrats again Boo! I can't wait to meet him!