Saturday, February 21, 2009

ANY IDEAS??????

SO I am the ward enrichment leader, which I actually am loving, but I need some ideas. We just had a commitee meeting and planned out most the year, but what I am struggeling with is next month! I decoration ideas. I need a few to get my brain in the right mindset and get things moving, then I will be fine. so the whole night is based on the Relief Society Declaration, which is beautiful and powerful. We want the women to have and expanded vision of themselves and the relief society program. So heres the declaration..need ideas!

We are beloved spirit daughters of God, and our lives have meaning, purpose, and direction. As a worldwide sisterhood, we are united in our devotion to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Exemplar. We are women of faith, virtue, vision, and charity who:

Increase our testimonies of Jesus Christ through prayer and scripture study.
Seek spiritual strength by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
Dedicate ourselves to strengthening marriages, families, and homes.
Find nobility in motherhood and joy in womanhood.
Delight in service and good works.
Love life and learning.
Stand for truth and righteousness.
Sustain the priesthood as the authority of God on earth.
Rejoice in the blessings of the temple, understand our divine destiny, and strive for exaltation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brigette,

So, you are have the Relief Society Birthday celebration, right? Which is next month. I've seen this done a couple of times in different wards. Several women are assigned to act out some of the pioneer women who are usually mentioned. They tell about themselves and some of their accomplishments and some trials, maybe. I don't see why you couldn't do something like that but start out with Eve and work your way to the present so it's not just pioneer women. Kind of fits into the theme of all of us being spiritual daughters of God and the many gifts we have been blessed with. Including our mission statement. Just some thougts. Good luck with your night. Love, Aunt Luana

Dial Family said...

It's been a bit since I"ve checked blogs lately, I'm so bad. We've had family the last couple of weekends (my mom being one of them.. she got her grandkid fix and is going to be going home tomorrow, the girls are really going to miss her)... You are the most uplifting person I have ever come to know Brigette!! You never cease to amaze me with how much the spirit just emulates from you!! you are truly a divine sister!! I am sure you will have no problem coming up with ideas, esp. with your committee. We just had a wonderful R.S. enrichment (it was actually the stake enr.) but it was centered around parenting and sress management. They had 3 different classes where someone (there were actually 3 men) came and spoke to the classes and couseled us. I went to the stress management one. it was really good. I think a lot of sisters, esp in this day of age, are so caught up with keeping up with the other that looks and seems so perfect that they forget what their true goal here on earth really is all about. It was all a very helpful reminder of who we are as sisters of Zion and what we need to remember we can each contribute.. Good luck with everything, your going to do great!!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

i wasn't going to comment, esoecially since i was at that meeting. and i suck at decorations. but i love flowers. you could have some women from the ward bring bouquets, or gather bouquets that we can pick up...i dunno. i'm clueless like you.