Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not mine?? WHAT!?!

So a few months ago I recived a call that I thought was extrodinary! I was able to upgrade a certian item in my house, which gets a lot of use and replace it with a bigger better model. While it was hard to get rid of the old one for sentimental reasons, I knew it was o.k becuase I was getting something better. Well, yesterday I got an e-mail informing me that my fun new item was not actually mine and apparently only being borrowed until at any point its owner decideds they may want it back AND when they decide that they want it back ( if they do) then they may come get it that very day. The letter closed with a thanks for using the item and enjoying it during this time.

SAY WHAT??!!? So here I am in shock and tears becuase NOW I will not have this item AT ALL in my house. When it was given to me never at any point was I told it was just on loan! We fixed it a little and have loved having it and now I am being told that it could just be removed. Part of me wants to fight this really hard, but living where I do in the town I do, I don't think it would be a good idea. just to much to get involved in. so yeah, this week has been getting better every day.

The can update: she has surgery tommorow. the doctors still aren't sure what it is but they will remove a peice of it and figure it out tommorow. we are praying pretty hard for her right now.

4 comments:

Dial Family said...

I hate those type of situations!! Esp in today's society where honesty is typically out the window with any type of business!! I'm so sorry to hear your blues!! On a lighter note, Lilly also loves to go around the house singing "I like to move it move it.." ANd when she wants to watch the movie, she'll say, "Mommy, I watch the 'move it move it'". I have to laugh at her, she's such a funny little thing!!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

so, i will assume that what they upgraded is not your husband. did you get rid of the old one? cause that sucks.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry! Really, I can't believe it.

Phyllisa said...

I'm so sorry Brig! That's just an awful thing to do to someone! Hopefully they won't ever decide that they want it back.

I had that happen to me once with baby clothes. The sweet lady who gave them to me had said that she'd rather give them to me than DI, so I thought that meant that they were mine to do with what I wished. Then she called about a year later and said that she was just loaning them to me and that some of them had been her little brothers and she needed them all back. I had already leant them to my SIL and was planning on using them for Daniel, so it was a little sad for me. But her friendship meant more to me than the clothes so I gave them back. I'm really sorry!