Sunday, February 15, 2009

Going home

Tommorow we head back home. Its weird when you leave a place for two weeks how every thing seems to change and yet nothing changes at all. I love being with my family, I always feel a bit more...me. when I come home my family is here and we dance and sing and act goofy. when I come home I feel like I look better because my cute younger sisters inspire me to try just a little bit to not be the " gross older sister". I feel safe here, so do my kids and I often see a side of them come out that is rarley seen, even by me, anywhere else. I miss my family all the time, except when I am with them. Funny how now that I live so far away I miss so much.

But, I am glad to go home. Our home which mike and I have created for OUR family. A place where we learn together and work hard together. My home teaches me every day for good and bad, its my testing grounds. who I become really depends on what I do each day in my home. Before I left I was not handeling the test all that well.

This break has been good, I am ready, recharged. Bring it on baseboards and meltdowns, I am going to learn to conquer you someday! maybe I will need a few more vacations along the line, but this break has helped me to be ready for whats coming....... whatever it is, its big. Change is in the air, I can feel it. but for the first time- in a long time- ready for it.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I have an extremely hard time believing you are ever the gross older sister.you are so beautiful boo.

Carianne said...

aww gross??? not at all.. I love your style tips! I miss you and wish I could have been there for the last week! Come stop by and take a break at my house anytime!.. and I think there are going to be some pretty big changes in the air for all, but remember family is the one constant.. love you Boo!

Andra said...

I love you boo, and your certainly don't have a gross bone in your body. I see you everyday as the beautiful daughter of god you are, inside and out, and no matter what you look like (which is usually pretty darn cute and sassy) You beautiful spirit radiates in a way that leaves me in awe everytime I look at you. It kills me to be away from all of you, so much, I just want you here all the time to share the joys and sorrows, and trials, but at the most important times, we have been there for each other, so I'll have to learn to be more content with what I get. I love you so much, thank you for being the beautiful sweet daughter you are. The world is a much better place because of you.

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

it'll be great to see you at home! we're going to the park tomorrow, if it's not raining. which it might be...

Dial Family said...

It is always so nice to get home in your own bed, your own space.. (sigh)... I love moments like that, esp after a much needed vacation.. Hope you enjoyed your visit at least.. Enjoy being home cutie!!

Anonymous said...

I understand exactly what you are saying about seeing a new side to your kids when they are with family. Ethan thrives here. It is where he is happiest. And gross pffff. I get it though. I'm on a path of trying to create a healthier me. It's not easy but I'm getting there.