Monday, August 27, 2012

constant, hope, and determination

This pregnancy is full of learning experiences about my little family. Yesterday was bad...I couldn't even keep water down ( today has been the same so far) But my little family was so sweet. Mike "freshened up the room" complete with a fresh clean scentsy smell and at one point even though I couldn't talk to them, I was just trying to rest, I was surrounded by every member of my family....all on our bed...while they all quietly read books. It made me feel so loved that because I couldn't be with them doing other things, they would choose to be with me doing whatever it was I could handle.

So after a long day and lots of staring at the wall ( I tried to get on the computer once and threw up with in minutes, so if your not seeing me on here....know its a BAD day.) I was not only thankful for my little family but thoughtful of their individual personalities and how they each bless my life right now.

Constant- She is the one who is quick to get the water as I throw up. Quick to take joey out of the room and read him a book. Quick to bring me any food item I can think of that might help. She never wavers in the help she gives. She is always checking on me, asking lots of questions about the baby. Wants to know what it will be like in the future, which rooms will be switched what items need to be purchased. (which is all fun to talk about, such a nice positive distraction) she is constantly there ready to help,. When I am feeling my worst I can always count on her for any help I may need.

Hope: It took me, oh, about three weeks to appreciate this one. LOL. This little tender guy still runs in to tattle on his siblings. Still insists on jabbering my ear off about throwing up and gross food stories, even when I have my head over the edge of a toilet. He is THRILLED I am bound to this bed because it means an un-moving audience to hear all his storied about xbox and fully details accounts of the last cartoon he watched. I have to admit it drove me INSANE at first. But as time goes on, I appreciate him more and more....and he gives me hope. He reminds me that this is temporary and that very soon I will be out there fixing the fights, cooking the meals, scrubbing the toilets. Very soon I will be able to be the mom that he doesn't even view any different.... again. He reminds me every time he walks through the door of my greatest blessings and how much I love being a mom. It took me a while, but I love this his contribution to this time...he gives me hope.

Determination:  This could be the only word to describe the youngest contributor. He DOES NOT give up on me. Every day he brings me stacks of books to read with him. He digs through his toy box looking for the perfect toy to make me "feel better" ...every day...He even has re-tried a few. One day I felt good enough to play his little lightning mcqueen computer with him, Yesterday....guess what made its way to my room ? =)  He brought me his fire truck pillow last night so I could sleep better. He is so sweet, he only leaves my side  when he HAS to go " watch my shows". He is determined to make mom feel better.

Mike- there is no way to say how thankful I am to him these last few weeks, in all our four pregnancies together, we have never had this much of a burden placed directly on him. He works all day, cooks and cleans, takes the kids to school. he is a single parent....and then he has to "take care of me" with my various cravings and emotions. He has been amazing. I appreciate him more today then I ever thought I could.

So, as I was surrounded on my bed yesterday by my children and husband all quietly reading. I couldn't help but be thankful to my Heavenly Father for the four biggest blessing of my life....I wonder what number five will be like =)

2 comments:

Heather said...

So sweet. Pregnancies later on really kick your behind - at least that's been my experience too. AND my kids and Jeremy have been awesome too. Nice to know how much they love you and are willing to sacrifice to help out.

Love you boo!

Carianne said...

I am SOOO excited you're back to blogging! Hope you can get back to normal though ASAP. Will come visit soon!