Thursday, July 16, 2009

can I have some syrup with that?

Jackson has a unique diet. With out flour, it drastically changes how he eats at every meal. Of course The Lord must have known this would come to pass, because the kid will eat almost anything! One of his favorite things to eat is a "cheese roll up", its just a corn tortilla and cheese. We throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and roll it up. Lately he has been trying various items in them. Blueberries, ham, apple and his very favorite, syrup!

In fact Mike and I have noticed he tries syrup on EVERYTHING- Noodles, fruit, hot dogs, rice and even corn. It is not uncommon for us to be sitting at the dinner table enjoying a nice family meal, only to look over and see some nasty looking creation by jack out of the various foods on his plate. Now for most parents this might be the time to get upset because all that food is wasted. But I don't get upset because I know whatever Jackson creates he will eat. I believe some day he just could be a famous Gluten free chef! =)

Today he came into the kitchen and proclaimed he was hungry. I told him we would eat in just a little bit when dad came home. He said " no, that's o.k I will just make my own lunch", he pulled out the corn on the cob, some fruit and rice, after it was all ready, I warmed it up for him. Then he said" mom where is the topping for the rice?" I bet you can guess what he was thinking....yup, syrup! I gave him soy sauce, apparently that topping works to. =)

4 comments:

Carianne said...

such a character... I miss his cute little grin already!

Heather said...

the fact that he eats it all is hilarious! my kids love soy too?? weird.

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

you have a stronger stomach than i do! i would actually have to leave. when grace starts mixing food, i do leave...

Britt said...

this is my kind of kid!