Friday, July 17, 2009

Whats up with the news?

WARNING: THIS IS A RANT.....


So today we went house looking. We saw one house in our price range that was almost perfect ( Olivia would disagree-no pool) But it went on the market Wednesday and by the time we called today it had NINE offers already. that's crazy stuff. So our Realtor brought it up and I have been thinking about it ever since. Why on earth are they reporting a housing crisis?

are people loosing homes right and left-YES, I don't even want to imagine how I would feel to be in that terrible situation. I am thankful I am not. But my point is that, for every person which looses one, apparently there are an abundant amount of people looking to buy them. There are only 14 options in our price range here. But that's only because they are going SO fast. I thought we would be able to find a home we loved no problem- because all I hear on the news is how tough it is out there. well at least in our town, those reports of housing issues are some what false and really mis-leading. I would love to hear form people in other towns what the situation is like. I was shocked to discover this here.

Then there is this whole swine flu thing. Um....if you look for it, you can find all sort of crazy reports about how bad its getting and how many people are suffering. BUT you have to LOOK for it, in all the fine small print. why... 6 months ago was it in every report on the front page. now that things are really getting bad, its hardly found anywhere.

And finally what about this whole job market, failing economy? yes its bad out there. I hear of people I love all over who are struggling. Mike has seen the effects in his line of work to. People are scared. But again it's almost like that part of it is not interesting anymore, because they sure aren't reporting on it. I heard a lot about it when there was a stimulus bill to be passed, but now? HELLO! are we looking around? no one just waved a magic wand and it got better. but I worry that we are all in a false sense of security thinking that the economy is turning around and swine flu is not a big threat.

Fair and balanced, they all claim that in one way or another, but I think its all about what they think will sell in the moment.

3 comments:

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

hear hear!

Becky said...

Is it ignorance to say that I don't watch the news anymore since it is too depressing?

Carianne said...

wow.. attitude! I like it, and totally agree!