Tuesday, July 28, 2009

clean house

with all the changes happening in our lives these last few weeks I have not made house cleaning the top priority in my daily routine. Not that is was ever dripping with nastiness, but it wasn't sparkling either. So today I let go of any plans I had, stayed home and cleaned with my kids. Our home feels SO much better. For the first time in a while I was reminded that while I enjoy being a mom and doing fun things I also enjoy the daily chores ( even the bathrooms) that come with my life. I am blessed to have a family, for them and myself, I get to not only provide a nice house, but a home. When I am doing my best to make this home feel good, we all feel good. It seems like with a clean house come happier feelings and less stress, which makes way for more love. Life feels pretty good, when your home is clean and you are doing your best to be doing all youv'e been asked to do. Thats how I feel today and It's pretty refreshing. As I write this I hear my children singing in the next room, I love their voices!

P.S
Mike gets his car tommorow, which means I get one to! =)

2 comments:

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

yea for cars and clean houses!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany A. said...

I know how you feel about the house thing! I love it when our house is all clean, it makes me feel so much happier! I have been neglectful to our house this summer. And it's starting to get to me...time to get cleaning!
Yeah for the car!