Thursday, July 30, 2009

Girl or teenager??

The other day I asked Olivia what she wanted for her birthday, here is the list:

Pink guitar
Skate board
Cds
batteries for her "Lap top" (its a v-tech thingy)
paints
a new desk chair

So I have been thinking about what to get her from her list and what she would want most, but then it occurred to me...don't most 5 year old girls want barbies and cute pink kitchens or something like that? I just love this girl!

then she said to me " mom I am a weird kind of girl, I am like a girl who does more boy things then girl things" I told her that she was just the right amount girl and the perfect about of cool, that when she got older the boy who married her would have quite a catch on his hands because she was girly and liked to play sports!

Its hard for her because she isn't quite like all the other girls, but I look at her and see something so amazing! so as a mom its also hard to believe she could see anything different then I do. Maybe that's how our Heavenly Father sees and feels about us...... Anyway, we are having a soccer party for her birthday, and yes she will be getting a pink guitar. I can't wait to teach her! =)

5 comments:

Carianne said...

so very cute. surprised she didn't ask for an itunes giftcard for her ipod?! :) Give her loves from Ranner. Man I miss you guys like crazy!

Heather said...

Ha, good one Can! I can't wait to see her with her guitar... post lots of pics!

Dial Family said...

LOVE that girl, what a cutie!! She's growing up WAY too fast!! HOw R U?!?!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

i love birthday lists. they really tell you a lot about your kids!

qume12 said...

She is a very cute girl.